IMPORTANT PERFORMANCE INFORMATION
Unadjusted returns are based on a $40,000 payment and are net of mortality and expense risk and administrative charges, but not surrender charges or the $30 annual contract fee. Performance figures do not reflect the annual charge of 0.25% of the contract value (assessed quarterly) for the GRIB rider while in force. If the charge were reflected, performance figures would be lower. Withdrawals may be subject to income tax and, if made prior to age 59½, a 10% federal penalty tax. All performance figures are annualized unless otherwise noted. Unadjusted return performance may be reflected prior to the inception date of the subaccount.
Investments in money market portfolios are not insured or guaranteed by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation or any other government agency. Although the portfolio seeks to preserve the value of your investment at $1.00 per unit, it is possible to lose money by investing in the portfolio. The yield quotation more closely reflects the current earnings of the portfolio than the current return quotation. Yields will fluctuate.
Variable annuities are long term vehicles designed for retirement purposes. Withdrawals or surrenders may be subject to surrender charges. Amounts withdrawn may be subject to ordinary income tax, and if taken prior to age 59½, a 10% IRS penalty may also apply. Withdrawals have the effect of reducing the death benefit, any living benefits and cash surrender value. Variable annuities are sold by prospectus. Please refer to the appropriate prospectus for more complete information, including fees, limitations, age restrictions and risk factors that may apply. You should read the prospectus carefully before purchasing a contract or policy.
* FEE WAIVER:
Returns may reflect past or present fee waivers, limits or reductions negotiated by the portfolio's investment manager. Without such waivers, limits or reductions the returns would be lower. Please see prospectus for complete details.
Investments in variable products involve risk. Some portfolios offer more risk than others, such as REIT investments which can be affected by interest rate moves, economic cycles and tax and regulatory requirements. Furthermore, there are additional risks with investing in non-US companies, high-yield bonds, emerging markets, aggressive growth stocks, non-diversified/concentrated funds and small-, mid- and micro-cap stocks which are more fully explained in the prospectuses. Please read both the contract and underlying prospectus for specific details regarding the product's risk profile.
OBTAIN A PROSPECTUS:
To obtain a prospectus, download one from www.zurichamericanlifeinsurance.com, or talk to your financial representative. You should carefully consider the investment objectives, risks, charges and expenses of the variable annuity and its underlying fund options before investing. The variable annuity and underlying fund prospectuses contain this and other important information about the investment product. Please read the prospectuses carefully before you invest.
|Subaccount||YTD||Year 1||Year 3||Year 5||Year 10||Lifetime Portfolio||Lifetime Subaccount|
|Alger Capital Appreciation||-36.63%||-30.18%||8.04%||9.67%||11.78%||11.26%||6.36%|
|BNY Mellon MidCap Stock Portfolio||-23.54%||-13.04%||7.04%||4.22%||8.00%||5.44%||6.01%|
|BNY Mellon Sustainable U.S. Equity Portoflio||-27.29%||-16.54%||10.60%||9.68%||10.40%||7.07%||3.73%|
|DWS Capital Growth VIP||-33.85%||-24.05%||9.76%||11.35%||12.48%||8.93%||5.96%|
|DWS CROCI U.S. VIP||-24.30%||-13.77%||1.52%||1.98%||4.50%||5.16%||3.46%|
|DWS International Growth VIP||-37.07%||-31.77%||-0.17%||0.33%||4.40%||3.22%||3.40%|
|DWS Global Small Cap VIP||-31.63%||-22.70%||4.05%||0.32%||4.25%||5.57%||4.88%|
|DWS Core Equity VIP||-23.11%||-11.25%||10.04%||9.30%||11.70%||7.09%||4.68%|
|DWS High Income VIP||-13.71%||-10.40%||-0.56%||1.29%||2.65%||6.74%||3.35%|
|DWS CROCI® International VIP||-28.25%||-21.58%||0.21%||-1.70%||0.95%||2.88%||-0.08%|
|DWS Government Money Market VIP||-0.54%||-1.06%||-1.04%||-0.60%||-0.96%||2.24%||0.25%|
|DWS Small Mid Cap Growth VIP||-31.44%||-24.68%||5.61%||3.67%||7.73%||5.41%||2.76%|
|DWS Global Income Builder VIP||-21.65%||-15.01%||1.40%||2.38%||4.30%||6.53%||2.76%|
|DWS Small Mid Cap Value VIP||-23.81%||-11.60%||6.47%||2.88%||6.48%||6.34%||5.92%|
|DWS Equity 500 Index VIP||-24.81%||-12.70%||10.56%||10.00%||11.21%||6.12%||7.54%|
|Janus Henderson Forty Portfolio||-38.00%||-31.47%||7.24%||10.35%||12.17%||9.92%||6.76%|
|Invesco V.I. Equity And Income Fund||-25.99%||-7.51%||7.16%||5.26%||7.21%||7.45%||-4.44%|
|DWS Small Cap Index VIP||-15.77%||-19.26%||6.82%||5.28%||8.37%||5.81%||-15.50%|
| Returns may reflect past or present fee waivers,
limits or reductions. Without such waivers, limits or reductions the
returns would be lower. Please see prospectus for complete details.
You may request allocations in up to 17 variable subaccounts at any given time, in addition to the Deutsche Money Market VIP.
† Total returns are not annuitized.
| 1. Special risk considerations are associated with
investments in non-U.S. companies, including fluctuating foreign
exchange rates, foreign government regulations and differing degrees
of liquidity that may adversely affect the portfolio.
2. Accumulation units are neither insured nor guaranteed by the U.S. government.
3. The portfolio may concentrate investments in specific sectors, which creates special risk considerations. As a non-diversified portfolio, it can invest more than 5% of its assets in the securities of a particular issuer. This presents greater risk of loss of principal as the financial condition or market's assessment of such securities changes.
4. Investments by the portfolio in lower-rated bonds present greater risk to principal and income than investments in higher-quality securities.
5. Investments by the portfolio in small companies generally present greater risk of loss than investments in larger, more established companies.
6. There is no guarantee that the portfolio will be able to mirror the performance of the index closely enough to track its performance.
7. The Standard & Poor's 500 index (S&P 500) is an unmanaged group of large-company stocks. The index reflects reinvestment of all distributions. It is not possible to invest directly in the index.
8. The yield quotation more closely reflects the current earnings of the fund that the total return quotation.
9. The portfolio can leverage or borrow money against, up to one-third of its total assets to buy additional securities. By borrowing money, the portfolio's net asset value could be more than if the portfolio had not borrowed.
10. The portfolio may concentrate investments in specific sectors, which creates special risk considerations.
11. The S&P MidCap 400 Index is unmanaged and consists of 400 domestic stocks chosen for market size, liquidity and industry group representation. It is a market-value weighted index and was the first benchmark of mid-cap stock price movement.
12. An investment in the portfolios is not insured or guaranteed by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation or any other government agency. Although the portfolio seeks to preserve the value of your investment at $1.00 per share, it is possible to lose money by investing in the portfolio.
| a A portfolio is a pooled funding vehicle
established by an investment company and made available exclusively to
a participating insurance company’s separate account. Therefore, “Life
Of Portfolio” reflects performance since the first date the investment
company established the portfolio, regardless of whether or not the
portfolio was available as a subaccount option under the insurance
company’s variable annuity or variable life contract.
b A subaccount is a subdivision of the insurance company’s separate account, which is available as an investment option through a variable annuity or variable life contract. Each subaccount invests exclusively in shares of the corresponding portfolio. Therefore, “Life Of Subaccount” reflects performance since the first date the subaccount was offered by the insurance company’s separate account.
Scudder DestinationsSM, a variable, fixed and market value-adjusted deferred annuity contract (policy form series L-8166 and L-1550) is issued by Zurich American Life Insurance Company, administrative office: 2000 Wade Hampton Blvd., Greenville, SC 29615-1064. Securities are distributed by Investors Brokerage Services, Inc., administrative office: 2500 Westfield Drive, Elgin, IL 60123. May not be available in all states. The contract contains limitations and policy forms may vary by state.
| Risk Considerations
Investments in mutual funds and variable annuities involve risk. Some investment products have more risk than others, such as those investing in gold related securities, which are subject to market price movements, regulatory changes and economic conditions as well as adverse political and financial factors. REIT investments can be affected by interest rate moves, economic cycles and tax and regulatory requirements. Furthermore, there are additional risks associated with investing in non-US companies, high-yield bonds, emerging markets, aggressive growth stocks, non-diversified/concentrated funds and small-, mid- and micro-cap stocks which are more fully explained in the prospectuses. Bond investments are subject to interest-rate risk such that when interest rates rise, the prices of the bonds, and thus the value of the bond fund, can decline and the investor can lose principal value. Please read the prospectus for more information.
| Read the Prospectus
To obtain a prospectus, download one now , talk to your financial representative or call one of our customer representatives at (800) 449-0523. You should carefully consider the product's objectives, risks, charges and expenses before investing. The prospectus contains this and other important information about the investment product. Please read the prospectus carefully before you invest.